The Cyber Security Group (CSG), established as a capability centre at GovTech, drives a holistic and sustainable whole-of-government (WOG) approach that delivers innovative and forward-thinking cybersecurity capabilities. Our mandate is to safeguard the Singapore government’s ICT&SS (Information and Communications Technology & Smart Systems) and enable Singapore to be a safe and secure Smart Nation.
To achieve this, we deliver a full spectrum of technical and operational capabilities to counteract evolving cyber threats and implement policies and initiatives that strengthen government agencies’ cybersecurity posture in a sustainable, pragmatic, and effective manner.
We work with the owners of whole-of-government and Smart Nation Programmes to implement secure architectures, and the Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) in agencies to provide cybersecurity governance and technical guidance.
Our responsibilities span the following:
- Government Cybersecurity Strategy and Policy – Develop CSG strategies and establish cybersecurity governance policies, standards and guidelines for WOG
- Government Cybersecurity Consulting – Provide cybersecurity advisories such as risk assessment and ensure policy implementation for Government projects
- Government Cybersecurity Defence – Strengthen blue-teaming capabilities through conducting threat detection and incident response to protect Government digital systems
- Advanced Cybersecurity Capabilities – Strengthen the Government’s cybersecurity capabilities through red-teaming, product development and cybersecurity competency training
We safeguard our country from heightened cyber threats made against government agencies globally by:
- Enhancing cybersecurity defence capabilities in the Singapore government, including managing security incidents in its Government IT Security Incident Response Team and developing a new cybersquatting tool to monitor the web for new websites with similar domain names and content to those of our agencies
- Building cybersecurity capacity and advanced engineering in WOG, such as developing a common Government Trust-based Architecture framework and security testing for COVID-19 projects against compressed timelines
- Developing talent and engaging the communities through participation in international competitions, conducting exchange programmes among Government Chief Information Security Officers, and organising hackathons
We also augment government capabilities by engaging the larger cybersecurity ecosystem and forging industry partnerships. Some of these initiatives include:
- Active collaboration with external partners to train our cybersecurity specialists and conduct research and development for cyber projects
- Partnering with the white hat community and members of the public through the Vulnerability Disclosure Programme, Government Bug Bounty Programme and Vulnerability Rewards Programme to encourage responsible reporting of suspected vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the government systems
- As a Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) Numbering Authority, CSG ensures a robust and efficient vulnerability disclosure process for GovTech reported vulnerabilities to be assigned with a CVE promptly so that affected Government agencies and product companies can be alerted earlier to release fixes quickly
Follow our Medium blog, where we share tips and tricks on cybersecurity: https://medium.com/csg-govtech
Here are some of the roles we are hiring for:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Cybersecurity Policy Developer
- Red Team Engineer
Check out our available jobs here.